Wednesday, January 20, 2010

From the Diary of "Nathaniel" Kerner


I've been invited to go hunting with my father and Uncle Tom and my cousins. We had to wake up very early. It was a long walk in the woods my Dad and Uncle Tom had to wait for hours. On the way, I saw many geese and then me and dad saw a turkey with a giant head. I took an aim and killed the turkey. It was my first shot and I got it. I was excited and my Dad was proud. We walked home through the woods . It was a long walk. When we got home it was dark. Mother prepared the turkey to roast.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Nathaniel,
    WOW! I can't believe you got a turkey on your first shot! I bet it will make a terrific dinner!
    Question 1. What is your favorite part of the turkey to eat?
    Question 2. Do you use the turkey feathers for anything?
    Love,
    Ms. Thorne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ms. Thorne,
    I don't really like turkey, I just like to hunt turkey. Ms Fleicity says we use the feathers to stuff inside our pillows.

    ReplyDelete