Friday, January 15, 2010

From the Diary of "Jonathan " Richardson



Marshall


Today was my first day hunting. I got up and got dressed in my hunting suit, grabbed my musket and went out to catch dinner. My dad and I went into the woods to meet my uncles and kill my first turkey. We walked a long way until we came across our first turkey. And then we tip toed to it so that it would not see us. Then we loaded up our muskets. I felt kind of excited. My Dad said that he would take this shot to show me how to do it. So, he loaded up his musket and aimed and shot. He got the turkey straight in the head. He felt great. And then we walked a little while longer and we found a whole lot of turkeys so we tip toed again and my Dad said this time, “Try to get one.” So I loaded up my musket and took like twenty shots. “I got one!!!!!” So we ran to the turkey that I shot we tied it up and carried it back. Then we took the feathers off and got the meat out. Then we all gathered around the fire place and ate our turkey.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Had we known you had those skilld we would not have spent money buying a turkey at Failway last year. We have seen quite a few wild turkies in our travels,last one in Cambridge, Mass. Where do we get a musket for Marsh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jonathan,
    The same comment I wrote to Zacharia apply!
    Ever thought of taking up quilting?

    Love,
    Ms. Thorne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ms. Thorne,

    I like hunting better than quilting. I wore my racoon hat to stay warm.

    Jonathan

    ReplyDelete