Wednesday, January 20, 2010

From the diary of "Abigaill " Losak


Tuesday January 12th 1645

Dear Diary
Tis such a busy day. Early in the morning,I worked on a quilt with Mallory, Gwendolyn, and Priscilla. The quilt was pink and violet and stiched with red thread.

Later I went to Dame school at Ms. Miss Mandorly's house. We read a book called " Sailing Through" and studied our letters on our hornbook. At the end of the school day, I went home with my friends Bartholomew and Gwendolyn. We had to walk through the woods and past Mr. James' beautiful flower garden filled with red red roses and calalillies in bloom. When I got home, I had to help my parents move some furniture around in my new home. My 4 brothers and 5 sisters are all sleeping in the same corner. We have two big blankets to cover us up at night. For dinner, I helped Mother make corn chowder which we had with some hot corn bread. While we were eating, Grandpa came in with this big slimy fish he had caught in the creek. He put it up to boil in the big iron pot we had on the fire. After that, my cousins came back from the well with a big bucket of water that we used to clean up the dishes after dinner. After helping clean up, my Aunt and Uncle came over with a pretty pink shawl and I tried it on and it fit perfectly. Then I went on the matress and squeezed in with my siblings to get comfortable for the night.

7 comments:

  1. Dear Annabelle,
    What a day filled with happy and interesting things to do, see, learn and eat! I hope you have a glorious day tomorrow too!

    Love,
    Ms. Thorne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abagail I loved making corn chowder with you
    Love nan your mother

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not wait to go to the lake with you tomorrow love your father zacheria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not wait to go to the lake with you tomorrow to.
    love Abigaill

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also loved makeing corn chowder with you.
    love Abigaill

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you liked that fish I got from the lake.
    Love grandpa Willard

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete