Thursday, January 21, 2010

From the diary of "Malory" McClain

Dear diary,
This morning I wanted to play but my baby sister Abigail woke up with a BAD fever and I had to do all the chores for mother. I milked the cow, took some eggs from the chicken coop, and made breakfast. Later, Mother and I made some medicine for Abigail by boiling up our dried herbs and mashing them until they were a creamy mixture. The baby hates it so we fill up a corn bread piece and close it up so when she eats it she eats the herbs at the same time. It makes her feel better. After the baby has settled down, Mother and I start to prepare dinner. We are having corn and fish with a drink of apple cider. When we fall asleep, Mother makes breakfast for tomorrow. It was a hard day.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Malory,
    I am so sorry you had such a hard day! Does it give you a feeling of pride to be such a needed and useful member of your family? I hope your baby sister feels better tomorrow so you can have some time to play!
    Love,
    Ms. Thorne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ms. Thorne,
    Thank you for your kind thoughts. My babysister, Abagail is all better now.

    Love,
    Malory

    ReplyDelete