Wednesday, January 20, 2010

From the Diary of Jerimiah Weinstein


Tuesday, January 12th, 1675

My name is Jerimiah. I had a good day today. I studied my letters on the hornbook. Later I went outside with my friends Jonathan and Zacharia and we had foot races. Jonathan won. He's the fastest of all of us. After, I went fishing with my father at a little pond in the forest. We waited a long time but, in the end, I finally caught a fish. It was a beautiful shiney big trout! My father and I brought the fish home. The family was really proud of us for catching such a big fish. We decided to have it for dinner. We boiled it in a big pot in the hearth and added herbs. It tasted really good, what a family treat! Dad let me light the candles when it got dark. When the girls were cleaning, I played on the floor with my little sister and brother. We played with my marbles and then played hide and seek. When we got tired we curled up in bed and watched the fire die down

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jerimiah,
    You must have been very tirede after your fun-filled and very busy day! How is your letter studying coming along?
    Love,
    Ms. Thorne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ms Thorne
    Thanks very much. my studying is good thanks for the comment.
    Love Josh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jeremiah,

    I so enjoyed going fishing with you and i hope we can do it again very soon!!

    Love, Father

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear father
    You are the best father I ever had because you are a nice good man and I would like to be a man like you

    Sincerely,
    Jeremiah

    ReplyDelete